Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow
Tomorrow is the first day of a brand new year. Tomorrow you get to become anyone in the world that you wish. Who are you? You can choose to by anyone, alive today or someone gone long ago. If you decide to stay “you” share your rationale.
I would simply refuse to be anything other than I am.
“I am the culmination of one man’s dream. This is not ego, or vanity. But when Dr. Soong created me, he added to the substance of the universe. If, by your experiments, I am destroyed, something unique, something wonderful will be lost. I cannot permit that. I must protect his dream”. – Lt. Commander Data
Every action I have made, whether good or bad has helped shape the person that I am. We have all hurt people in our life. Some of us would like to go back in time and change something we have done or said. Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Every misstep, failure, and mistake has helped create each and every one of us.
What I am being asked is if I would trade my individuality in to become another person. Doing that would go against what it means to be human.
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow (milfordstreet.wordpress.com)
- Adjectives Effective Tomorrow (madhiccups.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow (francesmariebowens.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow (angloswiss-chronicles.com)